The Rex’s JUNO ARTIST APPRECIATION SERIES presents
HILARIO DURAN TRIO!
PRE-SALE TICKET INFORMATION:
– Ticket Prices already include a $3 processing fee.
– There are no physical/digital tickets. After purchasing tickets, your name will be added to our guest list. Please bring ID on the night of the performance that matches the name on the order confirmation.
– Presale tickets are only available until 4PM the day of the performance, but are usually sold out by then so best to book as early as possible.
– On the night of the show, unsold presale tickets are made available at the door on a first-come first-served basis.
– Parties larger than 4 may be split between multiple tables depending on availability. These seats may be divided by an aisle and/or plexiglass.
– If your party purchased tickets through multiple transactions (including different names) please contact us as soon as possible to ensure that you are seated together.
PARTIES LARGER THAN FOUR:
– We cannot accommodate parties larger than 4 in the FRONT SECTION. While we accept larger parties, your group will remain in the same section but it will be split between multiple tables across the venue (depending on availability). These seats may also be divided by an aisle and/or plexiglass. We recommend calling us if you have questions about seating.
– Middle & Back Sections can usually accommodate larger parties based on availability. We cannot guarantee that all your guests will be at the same table.
– Since we are primarily a concert venue, socializing, talking across tables, and making excessive noise during the performances is strongly discouraged. We request that all patrons converse during the show intermissions to avoid disturbing other guests.
– Purchase of ticket(s) ensures we will hold your reserved table throughout the entirety of the first set (8:30-9:30 pm).
– If your party has not arrived and we have not been contacted directly (by phone or email) by 9:45pm, you will forfeit your specific seats. In this case, we reserve the right to seat incoming patrons at that ‘reserved’ table.
-Your party will be sat at the first open table AFTER your arrival if, and when, it becomes available.
Front Section – Closest to stage, best sight-lines. MAX GROUP SIZE 6 PEOPLE.
Front Single Section – Excellent sight-lines, clear view right in front of the stage. Tall bar stool seats, countertop table on the right side. Seats CANNOT be joined with other Front Single Tickets and are exclusively for parties of 1.
Middle Section – Good views of stage, Tall / Bar Tables & Seating
Upper Back Section – Further from stage, (some seats partially obstructed view).
BOOTH SEATING – Each booth can seat up to 4 people. (1 ticket purchase for a booth will allow entry to 4 people, one of whom is the ticket purchaser).
All Sales are final, No Refunds [Excluding scheduled performances that are cancelled]
In accordance with Ontario Public Health regulations, all patrons must provide proof of Full Vaccination prior to entry. More information can be found here: https://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/coronavirus/docs/guidance_proof_of_vaccination_for_businesses_and_organizations.pdf
Hilario Duran Trio
Cuban born Hilario Durán grew up in Havana in a musical family surrounded by a variety of diverse musical influences on a daily basis. He began working as a professional musician in Cuba’s Los Papa Cun-Cun Ensemble and in a variety of musical formats. Later on, in the 70’s, Durán was Chucho Valdés’ chosen successor in Cuba’s most modern big band, Orquesta Cubana de Música Moderna.
Hilario Durán toured worldwide and performed with Dizzy Gillespie and Michel Legrand, among many others, as part of Arturo Sandoval’s band where he was pianist/keyboardist, arranger and musical director for 9 years.
Chucho Valdés has acknowledged Hilario Durán as one of the greatest Cuban pianists of the 20th century, calling the Grammy-nominated and multi JUNO-award winner “an unparalleled pianist, composer and arranger of the first order”.
After making his mark in Cuba, Durán continued to hone his skills as a pianist, composer, arranger and musical director of remarkable virtuosity. Since arriving in Canada, Hilario has made a name for himself, he is a multi-Canadian Juno Award winner and nominee; an American Grammy nominee; a multi-Canadian National Jazz Award winner & nominee; and the proud recipient of the 2007 Chico O’Farrill Lifetime Achievement Award, from Latin Jazz USA, for his outstanding contributions to Afro-Cuban Jazz and Latin Jazz.
MORE INFO AT: www.hilarioduran.com